Are you looking for a challenging and rewarding job in the legal field? Fenners Chambers, a well-established Barristers’ Chambers in Cambridge, is seeking a Diary Clerk. This position will initially be parental leave cover, with a view to hiring a permanent position. As a Diary Clerk, you will play a vital role in the day-to-day running of Chambers by assisting the Senior Clerk and Deputy Senior Clerk, managing a busy Team diary, and performing general housekeeping tasks.
About the role:
Maternity Cover (with a view to a permanent position)
Full Time – 9am – 6pm Monday to Friday
Required for Cambridge Barristers Chambers
Fenners Chambers is looking to recruit a Diary Clerk to join a small friendly administration team. This is a full-time position, working 9am – 6pm, Monday to Friday. The key tasks for this post are:
- Assisting with the day-to-day running of Chambers as directed by the Senior Clerk and Deputy Senior Clerk
- General housekeeping tasks as directed by Chambers Administrator
- Printing Briefs and entering instructions received onto the Chambers system
- Preparing rooms for conferences ensuring there are sufficient supplies in each. Greeting clients who are here for conferences or visitors to chambers.
- Checking Crown Court and County Court lists on a daily basis
- Management of a busy Team diary
This is a busy and demanding role, which requires patience and an ability to multi-task and work autonomously
Full training will be provided, but experience of working in Barristers’ Chambers or other legal environments would be an advantage
The successful applicant will join the administration team based in Cambridge and will have the opportunity to work from home one day a week when fully trained.
The remuneration package is between £22,660 – £29,420 depending on experience, with 20 days holiday entitlement and a contributory pension scheme
Written applications, together with a full CV, should be headed ‘Diary Clerk’ and addressed to: Paul Green – Senior Clerk, Fenners Chambers, 3 Madingley Road, Cambridge CB3 0EE. Paul.firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.