Fenners Probate & Inheritance Practice Group
Changes in the pattern of wealth mean that planning for inheritance and dealing with its consequences after death now matter to most families. Many people, not just those with family businesses or farms, leave substantial assets when they die. Sadly, families all too often fall out over the estates of deceased family members.
The Fenners Probate & Inheritance Practice Group offers the substantial expertise that enables us to address the complexity of probate law, whilst remaining acutely aware that it frequently impinges on delicate relationships at difficult times in family life.
Medical advances, and greater social awareness, have also heightened the importance of protecting the personal and financial rights of older people and those with disabilities, whether living at home or in residential settings. This has led to far more people granting powers of attorney to family members or friends, with the need for oversight or intervention by the Court of Protection.
The Probate & Inheritance Practice Group is structured to meet those needs. In addition to its trusts and probate specialists, the Probate & Inheritance Practice Group also contains certain members of the Fenners Family Practice Group who undertake Court of Protection cases in which the primary concern is the welfare of older or disabled people.
What we do
The rights of the elderly and those with disabilities:
- Care at home or in residential settings and the safeguarding of rights
- Powers of attorney, mental capacity, and the Court of Protection
- The sharing of property and homes by the elderly with others
- Advising on the drafting of tax-efficient wills and trusts
- Inheritance and related tax planning for family companies and estate
- Nationality, residence and domicile in relation to overseas assets
- Grants of probate and letters of administration
- The interpretation of wills and their due execution
- Testamentary intention and capacity
- Undue influence by family, friends and carers
- The revocation of wills
- Intestate and insolvent estates
- Inheritance tax liability and related issues
Inheritance Act claims
Listing of barristers within our Probate and Inheritance Practice Group
Year of Call: 1982
Year of Call: 1985
Year of Call: 1989
Year of Call: 1989
Year of Call: 1994
Year of Call: 2006
Year of Call: 2007
Contact the Fenners Probate & Inheritance Practice Group
Get in touch to discuss how we can apply our legal expertise in probate & inheritance to your benefit.