Called to the Bar in 2006
Elizabeth recently joined Fenners from another local set and practices in property, commercial and probate law.
As well as having an approachable manner, Elizabeth is a strong advocate with an eye for detail.
AREAS OF PRACTICE
- Probate & Inheritance
AREAS OF PRACTICE
- Property: landlord and tenant (private and social landlords), anti-social behaviour injunctions, commercial leases, TOLATA disputes, adverse possession, dilapidations and covenants and easements.
- Commercial: contractual disputes, debt, insolvency, sale of goods and consumer credit
- Probate & Inheritance: will disputes including issues of testamentary intention and capacity, undue influence, validity, construction, want of knowledge and approval, fraud, and the administration of estates including claims against personal representatives.
For more details of Elizabeth’s work please click on one of the areas of practice listed above.
Elizabeth accepts instructions from members of the public as well as from traditional referrals from solicitors.
Elizabeth specialises in all areas of landlord and tenant and property law. She regularly accepts instructions from local authorities, social landlords, lenders, private landlords, commercial leaseholders and homeowners. With an eye for detail and an ability to deal with factually complex scenarios Elizabeth has successfully resolved a large number of property disputes including commercial lease renewals, TOLATA disputes, residential possession claims and disrepair claims.
AREAS OF PRACTICE
- Real Property: all aspects including adverse possession, restrictive covenants, easements, registered and unregistered land, trespass and nuisance
- Commercial Landlord & Tenant: all aspects including dilapidations, renewal, assignment and forfeiture
- Residential landlord and tenant: all aspects including possession claims, anti-social behaviour injunctions, forfeiture, committal proceedings, unlawful eviction,
- Trusts of Land: all aspects including express, constructive or resulting trusts, TOLATA and estoppels
Elizabeth specialises and practices in various areas of commercial and consumer law, including consumer credit law, credit hire law, supply of goods and services, sale of goods, hire purchase agreements, agency, personal guarantees and insolvency.
- Commercial Litigation: all aspects including credit hire, consumer credit agreements, hire purchase agreements, supply of goods and services, sale of goods, debt and contractual disputes
- Insolvency: all aspects including statutory demands and bankruptcy petitions.
Elizabeth undertakes all areas of probate and trusts law including disputes in relation to wills including fraud, undue influence, want of knowledge and approval and testamentary capacity. Elizabeth regularly advises clients and appears in the High Court and probate registry.
- Contentious and non contentious probate: including the validity and construction of wills, testamentary capacity, want of knowledge and approval, undue influence, fraud, claims against personal representatives and breaches of duty by executors or trustees.
- Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975 claims
Court of Protection claims: covering both personal welfare, and property and affairs
- Administration of Estates: covering all issues relating to the administration of estates, including the construction of wills, identity of beneficiaries, deductibility of expenses or debts, and ascertainment of assets, whether contentious or non-contentious
- Trusts: Construction of trust deeds, powers and duties of trustees. This further includes trusts of land (including proprietary estoppel claims).
BA: Georgia State University
MA: University of Bristol
CPE: University of East Anglia