Called to the Bar in 2015
Jodie joined chambers in 2017 following successful completion of pupillage. She has since developed a busy practice in all areas of family law.
Prior to joining chambers, Jodie gained experience in matrimonial finance by working as a Paralegal in the family department of a leading London firm of solicitors, assisting on a number of complex cases including high value financial disputes and jurisdictional disputes.
AREAS OF PRACTICE
- Family Law
Jodie represents clients in private children cases, matrimonial finance, domestic abuse injunctive proceedings, TOLATA claims, Court of Protection matters and public law children.
Jodie is an effective advocate with an approachable manner, making her a popular choice with clients and solicitors.
In addition to representing clients at hearings, Jodie is available to advise in conference or in writing on prospects of success, points of law and procedure.
Jodie is qualified to accept work directly from members of the public on a direct access basis.
WHAT OTHERS SAY
Jodie is amazing - a wonderful mix of serious and empathetic, and I really appreciated her approach
AREAS OF PRACTICE
- Private Law Children: Jodie is frequently instructed to represent clients in applications for Child Arrangements Orders, Specific Issue Orders and Prohibited Steps Orders, and leave to remove. She has experience of cases involving alcohol and substance abuse, mental health concerns, allegations of domestic abuse and children with additional needs.
- Domestic Abuse Injunctions: Jodie regularly represents clients bringing or defending applications for Non-Molestation Orders and Occupation Orders.
- Matrimonial Finance: Jodie advises and represents clients at all stages of financial remedy proceedings including First Directions Appointments, Financial Dispute Resolutions and contested final hearings. She also accepts instructions in TOLATA and Schedule 1 Children Act claims.
- Court of Protection: Jodie is available to appear in the Court of Protection, including disputes over welfare issues, lasting/enduring powers of attorney, Deputies and statutory wills.
- Public Law Children: Jodie has experience representing local authorities, parents, children and family members at all stages of public law proceedings, including emergency applications, interim hearings and final hearings.
French and Spanish (MA), University of St Andrews
Graduate Diploma in Law, City University
BPTC, City University